Re: Last Call: <draft-campbell-art-rfc5727-update-02.txt> (Improving the Organizational Flexibility of the SIP Change Process.) to Best Current Practice

2015-12-09 03:06:15
Objection:

I find the DISPATCH style of review to be a horribly broken idea.

I also find the use of the term "working group", and the procedures of
working groups, for what is effectively a permanent review panel and a
standing BOF venue to be counterproductive and destructive of getting
work done.

This document proposes recommending this method as a generic tool that
can be used in areas outside of the limited scope of SIP extensions -
something I think is taking a bad idea and making it even more harmful.
(RFC 5727 already said it would do that, but the RAI area has not
followed up on this particular bad idea from RFC 5727, letting
initiatives like WEBRTC flourish outside of the DISPATCH process, so the
damage done by DISPATCH has been limited.)

I therefore object to this document being published as a BCP.

Note: I would not object to publishing a document saying "the DISPATCH
working group is now part of the ART area". It would be useless, but not
harmful.