Re: WG Review: CURves, Deprecating and a Little more Encryption (curdle)

2015-12-09 14:30:45
On Wed, Dec 9, 2015 at 12:08 PM, tom p. <daedulus(_at_)btconnect(_dot_)com>
wrote:

Phillip

By divisive, I mean that the expertise, the knowledge, the skills will
be divided.  I see the SSH list as the best source of information on
SSH, its use and development.  Setting up another list to discuss such
matters will divide that expertise; some will join the new list, others
will not - the expertise will be divided and so weakened.

Tom Petch

The only action item I see here is to make sure that the proposal is
forwarded to the SSH list.

Right now, the biggest pains in using SSH are that there are three
different private key formats and authorized_keys has the whole key rather
than a fingerprint. So cut and paste really doesn't work very easily.

Those are both problems that I for one think are most likely to be fixed if
these 'experts' get some outside perspective.

I really could not care less what the format that they had chosen is. But
having to juggle three when one would have been enough only makes the whole
process less reliable and less user friendly.