Re: Introducing : Brand-new Internet Protocol "Five Fields"

2015-12-10 13:52:51
Brian E Carpenter wrote:
You are correct that IPv6 addresses are hard to remember. We decided
that doesn't matter: users should never need to know about addresses
anyway.

Yes, but to help the poor admins (also a class of users!) we should have
gone for a variant of RADIX50 presentation instead of bland hex.

So many more vanity addresses, instead of being limited to face:b00c and
9o:o91E.

(OK, I'll shut up now in this thread.  But thank you for going ahead and
starting the FUSTIP work.)

Grüße, Carsten