Re: Introducing : Brand-new Internet Protocol "Five Fields"

2015-12-13 22:14:06
Going to 50-bit addresses with ten bits per field?That makes no sense from a
computing efficiencyviewpoint, as those are not powers of 2.

48 bits would be on octet boundaries, but harder toprocess than 64 bits in a
word (ATM had trouble with48-byte payloads, too. A fudge between those
whowanted 32 bytes and those who wanted 64.)

IP protocol version 5 is already defined and in usefor RFC1190, and that use
would have to be deprecatedfirst. Picking 7 is easier; for a long time
someoneon this list was pushing an idea of IPv8... and IPv9.

(Try this: sitting through talks about how awesome IPv6 isand how it solves
addressing problems and routing tableproblems, then asking innocently 'why is
there ajump from IPv4 to IPv6? What happened to 5?' If they can'ttell you that,
then just maybe they shouldn't be tryingto sell you stuff.)

L.

 'don't understand it fully' may be somewhat understated.

 Lloyd Wood lloyd(_dot_)wood(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk
http://about.me/lloydwood ;
      From: Harald Alvestrand <harald(_at_)alvestrand(_dot_)no>
 To: ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
 Sent: Friday, 11 December 2015, 20:43
 Subject: Re: Introducing : Brand-new Internet Protocol "Five Fields"

Den 10. des. 2015 18:53, skrev Alexey Eromenko:
Good news: After much jumping through hoops I was able to decipher
what-it-takes to get my draft spec submitted (I still don't understand
it fully, though).

Where's the transition plan?

In seven parts.

1. Internet Protocol - Five Fields:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-eromenko-ipff/

2. Internet Protocol - Five Fields: Addressing Architecture
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-eromenko-ipff-addressing/

3. Internet Protocol - Five Fields: ICMP
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-eromenko-ipff-icmp/

4. Internet Protocol - Five Fields: Link Address Resolution Algorithm
(ARP replacement)
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-eromenko-ipff-lara/

5. Internet Protocol - Five Fields: Mobile TCP (Mobile IP replacement)
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-eromenko-ipff-mops/

6. Internet Protocol - Five Fields: DNS extensions
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-eromenko-ipff-dns/

7. Internet Protocol - Five Fields: UDP modification
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-eromenko-ipff-udp/

Yeehoo ! Submitted !

-Alexey Eromenko "Technologov"