Re: Introducing : Brand-new Internet Protocol "Five Fields"

2015-12-15 10:55:33
Hi Brian,

On Tue, Dec 15, 2015 at 10:35 AM, Brian Haberman
<brian(_at_)innovationslab(_dot_)net> wrote:
Hi Alexey,

On 12/14/15 3:51 PM, Alexey Eromenko wrote:

At this point I would suggest that the discussion on this topic has exceeded
the mandate for the list.  I would suggest that creating a separate list and
announcing it and moving all further discussion on the specifics of this
proposal to that list would be appropriate.

At the beginning of this discussion the question was asked of why the
sergeant at arms threatened posting restriction.  I wasn't actually
surprised at that PR warning as we've already got a replacement for IPv4 in
the form of IPv6.   It took us over 20 years to get from initial discussions
to reasonable deployments and we're still working on it. The form of the
proposal - BCD representation of IP addresses as its best claim to fame -
initially led me to believe it was a troll proposal rather than something
serious.  I now see the author believes it to be a serious proposal, but I
also believe that it's 20 years too late and provides no benefit over IPv6.
I'm willing to be shown wrong, but I'd really like not to read further
discussions about it on this list until there's something of a buy in from a
greater crowd.

Mike

Fair enough.

1. How to create a mailing-list, (or Working Group) ?
2. Should I do it inside / as-part-of IETF, or some 3rd party resource ?

I don't think there is a need for a new mailing list for this topic.
Rather, I suggest employing an existing list that we have for larger
architecture issues. Info on the list is available at:

I would encourage folks interested in this topic to participate in the
discussion on the architecture-discuss list.

Right now, Alexey's protocols are being discussed in 5gangip list from
5G and next generation IP protocols perspective and I think he is
getting quite good feedback :-)

Regards,

Behcet
Regards,