I-D "Unwritten Rules and Values of the IETF" (Mentoring)

2015-12-15 12:29:57
Hello all,

I have just posted an I-D "Unwritten Rules and Values of the IETF".

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-elkins-ietf-unwritten-rules-values/

I feel that having something like this will be of quite a bit of help to new
people at the IETF, in particular, the mentees in the IETF mentoring program.

We would very much like to start the discussion and get consensus, if possible!

In the interests of not clogging up the IETF main list, if you would like to
discuss, please register and comment on the mentoring email list.  Love to have
your thoughts!
This is the list for mentoring
discussions: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-mentoring-discuss ;

The abstract of this I-D is below:
Abstract

The intent of this document is to speed up the process by which someone new to
the IETF, can understand the objectives, fathom the environment, comprehend the
culture, learn to navigate the problems, overcome the obstacles, and become a
more productive IETF participant, in a shorter amount of time. Further, this
document is intended to pass along the learning and experiences of people who
have absorbed these values, perhaps in a much longer amount of time and with
much greater effort and even hardship.

Thanks,

Nalini ElkinsIETF Mentoring Program
Inside Products, Inc.