Re: Genart Telechat review draft-ietf-eppext-keyrelay-11

2015-12-15 13:20:54
Robert,

I also still think you would have a stronger document if it discussed the
SHOULD NOT in the security section as I suggest below. I think you read that
to be me suggesting you change it to MUST NOT. That was not the intent. I was
asking you to add to the document _why_ it wasn't MUST NOT.

I’ll take that into consideration, as I have explained it in the response the
wording isn’t that difficult anymore. There are some more IESG review comment
on this section so I assume there will another version to before publication.

Current wording:

A server SHOULD NOT perform any transformation on data under server management
when processing a \<keyrelay:create\> command.

Proposed wording:

A server SHOULD NOT perform any transformation on data under server management
when processing a \<keyrelay:create\> command. The intent of this command is to
put DNSSEC key material on the poll queue of another client. To make sure that
this EPP extension is interoperable with the different server policies that
already have implemented EPP this extension it is not classified as must not.

Please let me know what you think of this proposal (or send in text ;-))

Gr,
Rik