Re: Hotel situation

2015-12-16 17:06:02
Hi,

On Wed, Dec 16, 2015 at 12:32:14PM -0500, Nadeau Thomas wrote:

At this point, its clear that having meetings somewhere as part of the
outreach program is, but that
clearly is not optimizing for the existing attendees.

I don't understand this claim.  What is the history where we are
having meetings as part of outreach, _except_ for the current example
(which is admittedly outside our usual rotation).  We have a 1/1/1
rotation because we decided to share the pain among regions where most
of our participants come from, not from "outreach".  It's not
"outreach" to have a meeting in Japan, where a significant number of
participants live.

I certainly understand people's concern about availability at the
hotel, and I'm sure the IAOC and the meetings committee will respond
with the data people need.  But we must not mischaracterise the
reasons why we move around the world.

Best regards,

A (for myself and nobody else)

--