Re: IETF hotel selection mode and a proposal (was" Re: Hilton BA is Booked already?)

2015-12-17 12:54:11
On Thu, Dec 17, 2015 at 1:40 PM, Christian Huitema
<huitema(_at_)huitema(_dot_)net>
wrote:

On Thursday, December 17, 2015 9:35 AM, Alia Atlas wrote:

The number of morning meetings vary - for the IESG it's usually 2.   For
the IAB it's
usually 2.  For the overlap, that's usually 4 - though not all needed
liaisons in Yokohama.
If I have meetings after dinner, those usually go until late and are
quite useful.  However,
that varies by IETF.

Another data point: Nomcom volunteers had similar meeting times and
workload in Yokohama. We did not have priority booking, many of us ended up
in overflow hotels, yet apparently we managed just fine.

Absolutely true for Nomcom and similarly there are folks pulling together
BoFs who find they have similar types of schedules.  The only difference is
that this is a schedule that happens every IETF and that IETF is usually
1-1.5 days longer.

I didn't become an AD expecting this pre-reserved hotel block and I can
certainly manage without it.
I do think it makes me more effective so I take advantage of it - but I'd
also be fine taking luck of the
draw.

Regards,
Alia