Starting new work at the IETF & BOF deadline reminder

2016-01-11 11:58:33

The start of the year is a good time to send a reminder about
establishing new work around Internet technology standards.

There are multiple ways of creating new work at the IETF, such as
through BOF sessions. The BOF deadline for the next IETF is Feb
19th. (See https://www.ietf.org/meeting/important-dates-2016.html)

Other ways to start new work include, for instance, new work items
being added to charters of existing working groups.

In any case, if you feel we should be doing something new
or you believe there is a problem that we should and can
address, talk with other IETFers who might be interested,
and talk to your working group chairs or ADs and get started
with the process!

Jari