Re: [dane] Last Call: <draft-ietf-dane-openpgpkey-07.txt> (Using DANE to Associate OpenPGP public keys with email addresses) to Experimental RFC

2016-02-09 04:07:37
On Mon, 8 Feb 2016, The IESG wrote:

The IESG has received a request from the DNS-based Authentication of
Named Entities WG (dane) to consider the following document:
- 'Using DANE to Associate OpenPGP public keys with email addresses'
 <draft-ietf-dane-openpgpkey-07.txt> as Experimental RFC

ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org mailing lists by 2016-02-22. Exceptionally, comments
may be
sent to iesg(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org instead. In either case, please retain the

As an author, I followed the directions of the WG with respect to the
lowercasing or not of the LHS. Consensus on the issue was very confusing
and changed multiple times, and I do believe the chairs made a wrong
call at some point for calling for the removal of the LHS lowercasing.

Without restarting the discussion here, I would like the IESG to take
a close look at whether or not to recommend that the document be changed
to do lowercasing of the LHS when possible.

The implementation status section shows 3 implementations (2 written by
me, the third one being gnupg) that use a lowercase call in the
implementation.

Paul