draft-klensin-iaoc-member-01 (was: Re: I-D Action: draft-hardie-iaoc-iab-update-00.txt)

2016-02-12 22:02:20
Hi.

Largely in response to the call from Andrew and others to post
an actual I-D with an alternate proposal, I've just posted
draft-klensin-iaoc-member-01.  Note that this is a -01 version
of one of the proposals, referred to in a few postings, to
reform the IAOC membership (and the IAB and IETF Chair roles in
it) a few years ago.   It differs from the earlier version in
several respects, but the most important one is that it contains
considerable discussion and rationale for what is being
proposed, probably saving readers of this list some rather long
email messages from me.

A few things it does not address, or makes proposals about, that
are different from what I think have been trends on the list are
worth calling out:

--On Wednesday, February 03, 2016 15:30 +1300 Brian E Carpenter