Re: Last Call: <draft-ietf-dane-openpgpkey-07.txt>

2016-02-19 13:18:45
On Fri, 19 Feb 2016, John Levine wrote:

Dear John,

That situation is unchanged from today. With the exception that
plaintext email could have been encrypted email. It's not a downgrade.

Um, that's pretty much the definition of a cryptographic downgrade.

I do not understand how the process of a plaintext email that goes
through this document's advise, and leaves as either still plaintext
or encrypted, could be construed as a "cryptographic downgrade".

Thanks for confirming this security problem,

A comment like this is not only unneccessary, it is abusive and
misleading. I am requesting you to stop these personal attacks on me.

Paul