Re: [arch-d] Call for Comment: <draft-iab-rfc3677bis> (IETF ISOC Board of Trustee Appointment Procedures)

2016-02-25 17:35:32
Brian,

[To keep this in perspective, I'm not going to hold out on this point;
it's a suggestion -- one that I think makes it fully clear what's
being changed in how we document this process.]

I feel that it has to remain a BCP, because these are IETF seats
on the BoT, and the IETF chose to delegate the job of filling
them to the IAB. So the minimal BCP would be one that says
just that: "The IETF delegates the selection process to the IAB."

Before drafting text as Joe requested, I'll wait to see if
the minimalist version attracts interest.

I think it should remain an RFC in the current style.  I think it’s an
important element for ISOC and think it is useful to be documented in an RFC.

Further, the ISOC By-laws don’t change very often, from a practical point of
view we don’t need to be concerned this document will need to be updated very
often.  The last ISOC by-laws change that this update is dealing with took
several years to go from conception to adoption

Bob