Re: [arch-d] Call for Comment: <draft-iab-rfc3677bis> (IETF ISOC Board of Trustee Appointment Procedures)

2016-02-27 14:36:23
I agree with you. I didn't actually advocate the minimalist version;
I just wanted to point out that we need a BCP in any case.

So, I suggest something like this:

OLD:
   If ISOC further modifies [ISOC-By-Laws] concerning the number of IAB
   appointments to the ISOC Board or the timing thereof, the IAB will
   make reasonable modifications to the processes embodied in this
   document, without requiring further modification to this document.
   Such changes will be announced via an IAB statement.

NEW:
   If ISOC further modifies [ISOC-By-Laws] concerning the number of IETF
   appointments to the ISOC Board or the timing thereof, the IAB may
   make corresponding modifications to the frequency and the timing of
   the processes embodied in this document, pending any modification to
   this document. Such changes will be announced via an IAB statement.

I think a change such as that would be good.

Barry