Re: ietf.org unaccessible for Tor users

2016-03-14 18:27:12
By using CloudFlare IETF is actively blocking Tor connections to IETF
page.

i agree this is a problem.  but i am not sure about the solution space.
are we trading one form of security for another?

what is the treat model which drives us to tls/https?  authenticity of
the data?  privacy of what i access?  in the scheme of things, how
important are our data anyway and what are we trading for perceived
protection?

how much load-spreading and resilience do ietf web/wiki/archives
actually need?  if they need a cdn, and i am not so sure they do, can we
have a cdn which supports tls without being a monkey in the middle?  do
we pay to deploy a half dozen anycasted instances of our own and
maintain them [0]?

some of this we have discussed before, maybe not as insightfully as we
might have.

randy

0 - sysadmin is similar to doing the dishes; you go to sleep with a
    clean kitchen, but there will be more dishes tomorrow.