Re: ietf.org unaccessible for Tor users

2016-03-17 06:12:28
Michael StJohns <mstjohns(_at_)comcast(_dot_)net> wrote
Wed, 16 Mar 2016 21:20:52 -0400:

| I mostly get where you're coming from - but I'm finding it hard to
| believe that the size of the intersection of "Tor users", "safety via
| anonymity required users" and "IETF participants" is very large - if
| it contains any elements at all.

For many priviliged internet users it's not about not getting caught
because they are doing something illegal in their jurisdiction. It's
about providing as little material as possible for the profiles on their
person. Or protecting the host security of their workstation. Or simply
practicing their right to freedom of information without authenticating
themselves on layer three.

If the size of the intersection of "people who protect themselves" and
"IETF participants" is low, let's make it larger! We should start by
removing any obstacles for accessing IETF sites over Tor.