Re: ietf.org unaccessible for Tor users

2016-03-15 06:34:49
Folks,

When I said that access via Tor is important it was in the context of it being
just another way to access Internet, kind of like different types of access
networks or browsers. Didn’t want to attach any particular meaning to Tor or
anything else. In positive or negative sense. Of course we want to maximise the
ability of people to access IETF content, at least if it gets major usage.

However, I do want to make an argument that denial of service attacks are a
fact of life. I know we don’t have foolproof solutions for them, but we have
some practical means to deal with some of the effects, unfortunately somethings
affecting proper usage as well. But I do think we need the ability for our
network managers (or the ones that we delegate this to) deal with attacks using
means that are necessary. Perhaps those means can be improved, but there will
need to be some means.

Jari