Re: dane-openpgp 2nd LC resolution

2016-03-19 07:27:58

Hi John,

Slow response, but as I said offlist, I wanted to let it sit
for a few more days to see if anything new developed. (And
then I got busy and let it sit even more days;-) But I don't
think anything new has developed to change where we're at.

The TL;DR here is that I continue to conclude we should
go ahead with this experiment and have put this into IESG
review and on the IESG telechat agenda for April 21st.

That leaves plenty of time for folks to comment and/or
appeal if there's more to be said that hasn't already been
said, and we have IETF95 in the meantime as well so interested
folks who're there will also have that chance to discuss.

On the topic of possible appeals which you mention way down
at the end, I think appealing my decision here or whatever
decision the IESG may reach is just fine - having the possibility
to appeal is an important part of our process - and I'll be
happy to try to help anyone who wants to appeal to craft text
if that's useful. Responses to your specific points are below.