Last Call on draft-bradner-rfc3979bis-08.txt ("Intellectual Property Rights in IETF Technology")

2016-03-22 07:17:58

All,

RFC 3979 was published in 2005. Since then we’ve gathered a lot of experience,
and we’d like to update the RFC with that experience. This isn’t a revolution
of the IETF IPR approach, it is mostly about clarification, better
documentation, and recognising some other new RFCs and changes. But the
document itself has changed quite a lot and structured differently than RFC
3979 was.

Some of the main issues (such as how to define participation) were discussed in
the IETF-87 meeting, but there are also a number of other changes in this
document. Please give this document a careful read, and let us know your
feedback.

I am starting a last call on this document today, but gave a longer last call
period to make sure everyone has enough time to comment after IETF-95 as well.
And thanks for the comments that some of you have already sent after the
document was published; we’ve observed them and will make them part of the
feedback from the Last Call.

The document is available here:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bradner-rfc3979bis/
   https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bradner-rfc3979bis-08

Jari Arkko (as the responsible AD for this document)