Re: IETF registration fees...

2016-05-09 15:32:52
I knew that IETF registration fees had gone up from the $500USD of yore.
$700USD isn't so bad... but there is 19% VAT on it, so $833USD.
That's ~$1100 CDN.  Tripping over the $1000 CDN mark is a big psychological
impact.  I guess it would have been worse if the CDN wasn't on the "rebound"

Germany has a reciprocal VAT agreement with Canada.  You may be able
to get the VAT on the registration fee and other business expenses in
Germany such as your hotel bill refunded.

The Goog shows a couple of companies that say they handle tax refunds
for North Americans going to European conferences but they're vague
about what's the minimum amount worth handling.

R's,
John