Re: Last Call: <draft-leiba-cotton-iana-5226bis-12.txt> (Guidelines for Writing an IANA Considerations Section in RFCs) to Best Current Practice

2016-05-31 10:09:01
Hi, John.  Thanks for the review, and no worries that it's "late"; I'd
rather get this right.

I thought that what you're asking for is covered by very strongly
pressing for instructions/guidance to the designated expert(s), and
I'm very happy to expand that text to be more clear about some of the
variations that guidance might take.  I'd much prefer that to any
attempt at multiple versions of expert review, because I think that
any number of those we come up will will engender others that other
people will think of, and there'll be too many.

Rather, if we talk more about the things to consider in guiding the
DE, I think we'll be in a better place.  If you give me your opinion
on whether you think that's a good path and could resolve your
concern, I'll work on text to try out.

Barry

On Tue, May 31, 2016 at 10:19 AM, John C Klensin <john-ietf(_at_)jck(_dot_)com>