Re: [Recentattendees] Background on Singapore go/no go for IETF 100

2016-05-31 09:27:02
I think it is unreasonable to set the bar at MUST have long term significant
spike in participation from a region after
a single meeting being held there. Without taking a position on whether
meetings should be held in particular
locations, if the goal is to garner participation from a wider geographic
constituency then IETF needs to plan and
invest to make that happen beyond simply holding a single meeting in the
region.

Yes, of course.  There's lots of ways to recruit people and it's not
at all evident that moving the meetings is an effective use of either
our time or our money.  The BA meeting came off better than I
expected, and like everyone else I certainly hope that the people from
South America who came continue to do work writing and reviewing
drafts, but the jury is still out.

R's,
John