Re: [Recentattendees] Background on Singapore go/no go for IETF 100

2016-05-28 16:27:24
On 05/28/2016 03:34 PM, Joel M. Halpern wrote:
Fernando,
    Your response assumes that it is proven that moving to
less-participating locations increases long term participation from
those locales.

No, it doesn't. Actually, I don't know. Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't.

My point is that, for other aspects of "diversity", no measurements were
expected/requested regarding whether going to a venue that is "friendly"
to that community increases the participation of such community. --
That's essentially my point: there doesn't seem to be consistency here.

Not sure why location should be a special case. Maybe some forms of
diversity are just not desirable?

Thanks,
--
Fernando Gont