Re: [Recentattendees] Background on Singapore go/no go for IETF 100

2016-05-27 09:21:14
Hi folks,

Interesting discussion… brings memories to me from the time I was very young
and my country was a dictatorship and some citizens were more citizens than
others.
So it’s about balancing many aspects here:
• Visitors feeling welcome
• The event being abused for a PR wash-up of the local cacique
• Locals being given the opportunity to interact with people with different
backgrounds, etc.
• Etc. etc
I welcome these discussions, because in many other ‘global’ events they do not
exist for the sake of money (Olympics, FIFA, FIBA, …). Sit back, relax and
think it thoroughly through. And then, in the future, be consistent ☺

My -.2 cents in this discussion
---
Dr. Pedro A. Aranda Gutiérrez

Technology Exploration -
Network Innovation & Virtualisation
email: pedroa d0t aranda At telefonica d0t com
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo
C/ Zurbarán,12
28010 Madrid, Spain

Fragen sind nicht da, um beantwortet zu werden.
Fragen sind da, um gestellt zu werden.
Georg Kreisler