Re: [Recentattendees] Background on Singapore go/no go for IETF 100

2016-05-26 17:37:41
Section 377A of the law was heavily debated (and once again I stood on the
side for repealing it) but the Singapore government decided not to removed
it but stated clearly it will not be enforced. When question why bother
leaving a law that is not going to be enforced on the book, the government
gave some crap reason about matter of family principles.

Anyhow, There are many LGBT couples in Singapore and at one time Singapore
went all out courting "pink" talent. There are also many LGBT members that
has come out open and have no problem with the police.

I know Ted Hardie many years and I trust his judgement on many engineering
matters. But in this case, I would be surprise if he or anyone can find a
case where 377A was enforced in the last 10 years

I support your choice for pursuing social injustice. I am spending my time
doing pro bono work on world peace. But IETF does not seem to be a relevant
organization to pursue these agenda.

James

On Friday, 27 May 2016, Margaret Cullen <margaretw42(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com>