Why we meet (was Re: [Recentattendees] Background on Singapore go/no go for IETF 100)

2016-05-26 23:24:13
On 5/26/16 8:11 PM, Dan Harkins wrote:
  Amen and a +1. Among the social justice crowd there seems to
be a selective definition of "diversity". A good mix of people
that might be underrepresented by "regular attendees" can still
be "diverse". And I would claim that BA qualified.

?? How does that comport with the "get work done" expectation
that's built into venue selection?  Or are you agreeing with
the notion (which I actually do not agree with) that sometimes
we have to deprioritize work in order to support a diverse
participant base?  I really can't tell what point you're trying
to make.

Melinda