Success metrics Re: [Recentattendees] Background on Singapore go/no go for IETF 100

2016-05-27 11:50:13
I don't think that this:

(1) I would like us to use Buenos Aires as an experiment and actually track how
many of the local first-time attendees continue to be active participants
(write to mailing lists, author drafts, attend other meetings in person or
remotely) over the next 6-to-12 months, so that we can see if traveling to a
new region of the world actually works to recruit more participants from that
area.

is the only success metric, or perhaps even the most important one.  Local
attendance also promotes better understanding of the process even if those
attendees never participate in a standard.
A more interesting metric to me would be a measure of attendance of active IETF
participants based on distance from the venue, perhaps the percentage of
locally active members who attend in person.

    On Friday, May 27, 2016 9:33 AM, Margaret Cullen