Re: [Recentattendees] Background on Singapore go/no go for IETF 100

2016-05-28 16:48:27
My argument is much more pragmatic:
1. we should organize meetings in major airline hubs/lowest average ticket
price (the current “world tour” is frankly out of reach of most of us)
2. we should make use of our own tech and allow full online participation
(rtcweb/webrtc anyone?) - I wonder how all you guys can get budget to attend
all meetings
3. we should not make any of our participants feel unwelcome (I remember sadly
the syster rigmarole of a few years back)

Frankly if anyone at this point is rich enough to bring a family to IETF this
is a personal matter. But we should not condone any government that is not
welcome to everyone and could use the IETF brand to promote itself.

this is more than a 2-cent… Sorry (or not).

mjm

On May 28, 2016, at 4:26 PM, Fernando Gont <fgont(_at_)si6networks(_dot_)com>