Re: [Recentattendees] Background on Singapore go/no go for IETF 100

2016-05-28 17:12:51
Hi Melinda,

Not sure why location should be a special case. Maybe some forms of
diversity are just not desirable?

Fernando, the specific question about Singapore was about
safety.

that's shift for me. I read significant number of comments discussing situation as "one specific group should be afraid to bring their relatives to Singapore and this is not supporting IETF position on diversity".

Franky speaking - I share Fernando's view in this case.

Few emails discussing "need of measurements of participation from new regions" open a kind of "strange" questions like "do we need to measure participation of minorities?". I know there are cultures who discuss this kind of topic, but my culture does not allow judging people based on their race, citizenship, sex orientation etc. - so I do not like such as measurements.

                     Michal

P.S: Simply - the discussion went too far.