Re: [Recentattendees] Background on Singapore go/no go for IETF 100

2016-05-31 01:17:38
Brian,

an RFC published by the Network Working Group, sponsored by ops,
with the imprimatur of the parent ISOC, would look official to
most readers. The view of the parent is the view of the child.

We view the "reverse takeover" of '92 rather differently.

function/organised activity: potato, potahto. and the favoured
"multistakeholder governance models" of ISOC and ICANN are
still governance.

Speaking of which, the author of the Tao is at ICANN, which
is entirely different from and separate to ISOC. Entirely.

(ISOC membership is rather nebulous; I had to agree in principle
to be a member to get involved in early interplanetary internet
stuff, which, given how that all turned out, I've had reason to
regret. But have I, as an alleged member, been consulted on
ISOC positions since?)
 Lloyd Wood lloyd(_dot_)wood(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk
http://about.me/lloydwood