RE: [Recentattendees] Background on Singapore go/no go for IETF 100

2016-05-27 12:32:31
Hi,

Singapore is one of the most popular convention/conference cities in the world
[1]. I doubt that would be the case all people/organizations meeting there
would be considered "insensitive to diversity". Regarding diversity, note that
Singapore is one of the best example you can find of a society where people of
different race, religion and background live peacefully together. That of
course does not solve the LGBT issue, but claiming that Singapore is
anti-diversity is simply wrong. Some reading:
http://www.cooksister.com/2015/02/exploring-singapores-amazing-cultural-diversity.html

Also, the fact that we are having this discussion, where a number of
individuals (including local people from Singapore) have provided input and
information, shows that IETF *IS* doing something :)

Regards,

Christer

[1]
https://skift.com/2013/05/16/the-worlds-most-popular-international-meeting-destinations/