IETF Sustainability - New Website Launch

2016-06-14 16:19:52

I am posting this message to the IETF list for information, on behalf of Kathy:

From: Kathy Brown <brown(_at_)isoc(_dot_)org>
Subject: IETF Sustainability - New Website Launch

Jari,

One of ISOC's roles is to raise money for the IETF. We do it in various ways,
providing annual direct funding and helping with sponsorship arrangements. We
have dedicated staff working to secure meeting hosts and other sponsors
(Welcome Reception, Bits-n-Bites, Hack-a-thon, etc.). I wanted to update you
on one other effort to ensure the IETF’s financial sustainability… you may
remember the Open Internet Endowment.

In Yokohama at IETF94 I noted that the Endowment is under transformation to
become dedicated solely to the support of the IETF. I would like to let you
know that the details of that transformation have been completed, and that a
new website has been launched at www.sustainIETF.org.

We are optimistic that this is an attractive vehicle for contributing to the
IETF. We are talking to some potential donors in the background, and plan to
engage in a broader campaign later this year. If you have any comments, let
us know.

Kathryn C. Brown
ISOC President and CEO