Re: IETF note well relating to pictures?

2016-07-17 08:01:31
IMHO (but then I’m not a lawyer, and esp. a German lawyer with regards to
this meeting), hotel function rooms are public places, and you’re in as
much danger of having your photo taken and published as you are in any
other public place, such as on the street. How can newspapers publish crowd
shots if they need permission of everyone in the photo?

Cheers,
Andy

On Sun, Jul 17, 2016 at 11:54 AM, Mikael Abrahamsson
<swmike(_at_)swm(_dot_)pp(_dot_)se>
wrote:

Hi,

in the Hackathon there are a lot of pictures taken. A statement was made
that if you didn't want pictures of yourself published, please talk to the
organizers.

We have an IETF Note Well: https://www.ietf.org/about/note-well.html

It doesn't mention pictures, and it doesn't mention just being in the
room, is that is a "statement" or "communication" according to the note
well. It also doesn't list the Hackathon as a function (it's not a WG or
BoF, right?)

So does the Note Well as written today mean that it's ok to publish
pictures of you for just being on the premesis? I think it should be, but
do we then need to augment the Note Well?

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike(_at_)swm(_dot_)pp(_dot_)se