Re: IETF note well relating to pictures?

2016-07-27 12:33:10
Hi Andy,
At 05:23 27-07-2016, Andrew G. Malis wrote:
Here's a concrete example. Photos of IETF plenaries have been published, online or otherwise, in various formats and venues, such as on Facebook or on blogs. Sometimes I've spotted myself in the photos, in at least one case very visibly. However, it is impratical to check with every single person attending the plenary to ask their permission ot publish the photos. Should they be allowed to be published? I think so, even though I wasn't asked at the time.

The Note Well would not cover the above example as the venues do not look like venues where the organization conducts its work. There are country-specific laws which regulate the publication of an image of a person.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy