Re: bettering open source involvement

2016-08-01 08:52:42
It is an interesting question on how the IETF will evolve. For example, at Bits
& Bites, my team demonstrated a measurement system called XMAP that is based on
the emerging IETF LMAP standards. We intend to open source that software, and
use some hackathons to improve it in the next year or so. As it stands now,
we’ll either use our own public code repository or partner with another
organization (that may also have things like an ability to accept funds to
continue support of the effort). What if, in some future state, a given working
group had a code repository and the working group was chartered not just with
developing the standards but maintaining implementations of the code?

Jason

On 7/28/16, 4:30 PM, "ietf on behalf of Octavio Alvarez"
<ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org on behalf of
octalietf(_at_)alvarezp(_dot_)org> wrote:

    On 07/28/2016 01:56 AM, Dave Taht wrote:
    > At both ietf and BBF this past week a frequent topic of conversation
    > was how to get more open source involvement in standards orgs...

    Hi.

    Do you mean "how to get open source implementations of IETF standards"
    or "open source people gathered at IETF conferences" or something else?

    Thanks.