Re: VAT invoice for Berlin

2016-08-04 16:54:59
On 4 Aug 2016, at 17:48, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ wrote:

The problem is that legal period to get an invoice is a maximum of 15 days from the payment date, which now is OVERDUE.

I am not a lawyer and not a tax accountant but I was curious where you got the 15 days “after payment” from.

According to German UStG 14 / 2 / 2 I would think generally it’s “within 6 months” after execution of the service.

Given you are in .ES (and that’s why this matters mostly) UStG 14a / 3 probably applies which says “has to write an invoice until the 15th day of the month following …”

Is that where it’s coming from?

But given Alexa has already followed up that they are on it, I am sure it’ll all solve itself quickly. Maybe they can add a reference to the VAT FAQ ;-)

/bz