Re: I-D Action: draft-leiba-rfc2119-update-00.txt

2016-08-10 09:59:59
Brian E Carpenter <brian.e.carpenter at gmail.com> wrote:
   To reduce the number of reserved key words, the following key words
   are deprecated, and no longer have special meanings defined by BCP
   14:

   REQUIRED, SHALL, SHALL NOT, RECOMMENDED, NOT RECOMMENDED, OPTIONAL

I will be glad to see the back of SHALL, but I object to deprecating
the adjectives. They are useful - indeed, sometimes required - for
the construction of readable sentences and, for example, tables of
RECOMMENDED and OPTIONAL values.

+1 to keeping the adjectives. They are indeed helpful or even necessary
in crafting readable prose.

Mike Heard