Re: Last Call: <draft-levine-herkula-oneclick-04.txt> (Signalling one-click functionality for list email headers) to Proposed Standard

2016-09-20 14:19:40
On 9/20/2016 10:51 AM, John Levine wrote:
Nothing personal, but for interop purposes, the opinions of ops people
at large mail systems matter a lot more than your opinion or mine.

So, the only discussion I see for this draft is during this last call, on this list.

I see postings from a total of 4 people, other than yourself and the sponsoring AD.

None of the content of the postings relate to the issue about which you are asserting definitive information, above.

That reduces your assertion to one of your own authority on the topic.

No doubt, your assessment is perfectly correct. However the IETF has typically sought a broader base for assessing such assertions, lest Internet Standards be reduced to individual whim.

Simply put: The folk who want this spec and who want it to be exactly as you've specified it need to show up here and post their informed views on the spec. Otherwise, there is no objective basis for estimating the actual need or likely uptake of the spec.

d/

--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking