Re: Last Call: <draft-levine-herkula-oneclick-04.txt> (Signalling one-click functionality for list email headers) to Proposed Standard

2016-09-20 17:59:06
On 9/20/2016 12:50 PM, John R Levine wrote:
I really hope you're wrong, because if you're not, the only sensible

Wrong about what, exactly?  I've no idea what you are referring to.

But the implication that there was anything unusual or incorrect in my previous note is, itself, pretty remarkable, since it stated nothing other than long-standing IETF policy/practice.

I assume you saw the mail on dispatch last month from Sri Somanchi at
Google explaining in detail why they want this, and the various messages
from my co-author Tobias.  I believe they're why this advanced from a
random draft to AD sponsored.

I hadn't. And yes, that's the sort of posting I was asking for, just as Mary Barnes did in Dispatch, to which Sri's note was the only response.

So apparently your view is that having a gmail product manager posting support is sufficient substantiation for declaring an IETF standard, and it needed be done during Last Call for an individual submission?

We don't even need AOL to post a comment, in spite of your reference to their support?

d/
--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking