Re: Working with IEEE 802

2016-09-21 02:23:14
On 9/19/16 7:48 PM, Abdussalam Baryun wrote:
This coordination issue with other organisations related to standards
is very important and affects pretty much our work, I suggest that the
General Area opens a WG for this important coordination, many
information are needed to be documented and focused on. IMHO, getting
information about contacts will help each IETF WG separately, but what
about the decisions for the whole IETF coordination with other SDOs
especially when we get more deep in future. Having contacts between
managers in SDOs is good start but usually in IETF our managers
decisions reform after looking into the IETF WG ideas and decisions.
Therefore, my suggestion is opening a discussion of why not future
coordination through WG? or is it right time? or do we need a new
work-process?

I don't know the answers, does any one know?

you should take a look at rfc 4052

And for IEEE in particular, at RFC 7241.

Barry