Re: I-D Action: draft-west-let-localhost-be-localhost-00.txt

2016-09-27 16:28:39
On Tue, Sep 27, 2016 at 05:19:49PM -0400, John R Levine wrote:
I don't see why. You're allowed to use common sense when interpreting RFCs, and the message here is clearly that if you want to interoperate you do not send queries for *.localhost out of your computer. The twisty way my or your internal DNS setup works is out of scope.

Fair enough; it was more the concern that it might end up having problematic unintended side effects but I probably am just overthinking things :)

Emily

--
Emily Shepherd
Computer Science Graduate, MEng (Hons)