Re: Gen-ART LC review of draft-ietf-lisp-lcaf-16

2016-10-14 08:21:01
      On the basis that each RTR RLOC can be from a different address family,
than I would say that the number of RTRs cannot be determined from the LCAF
Length field.  The length alone would not tell you the breakdown of RTR RLOCs
between the address families, so the only way to tell how many RTR RLOCs are
present is to parse through them until the length of the AFI/address
combinations seen equals the Length value.  For example, 3 IPv4 RTR RLOCs
will have the same length (3 x (2 + 4)) as one IPv6 RTR RLOC (2 + 16).  I'd
simply strike the relevant sentence in the RTR RLOC definition (2nd to last
sentence).

I added text based on your suggestion. Thanks.

Dino