RE: No draft upload? ("An exception occurred when trying to process the XML file: 'X509' object has no attribute '_x509'")

2016-11-21 07:06:24
-----Original Message-----
From: ietf [mailto:ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of Stephane
Bortzmeyer
Sent: Sunday, November 20, 2016 12:22 PM
To: ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: No draft upload? ("An exception occurred when trying to
process the XML file: 'X509' object has no attribute '_x509'")

[Already reported to ietf-action [www.ietf.org/rt #149401], I just
mention it here so people do not waste time doing it again.]

I cannot upload the new version of a draft. .txt has been produced by
xml2rfc, without any error message but the datatracker refuses it:

An exception occurred when trying to process the XML file: 'X509'
object has no attribute '_x509'

I have no clue what it can mean.

I just ran into this same error. It might be a pyOpenSSL issue:

https://github.com/kennethreitz/requests/issues/3701

Scott