Re: DMARC methods in mailman --- [LEDE-DEV] DMARC related mass bounces / disabled subscriptions (fwd) Jo-Philipp Wich: [LEDE-DEV] DMARC related mass bounces / disabled subscriptions

2016-12-15 12:47:02

Paul Wouters <paul(_at_)nohats(_dot_)ca> wrote:
    > I think something like the following will not have the same
    > problem:

    > IETF discussion list on behalf of Michael Richardson
    > <ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>

    > On my mail reader that will show me a list of abbreviated senders who
    > are all "IETF discussion list on behal"

    > This is already the case for me on the unbound mailing list and makes
    > it basically unreadable for me.

Yes, that's why nobody likes the DMARC "work around" that munges the From:
address.

But, the alternative is that some email that someone autocompletes
to Paul Wouters, auto-learnt from a post to "unbound" or some other list,
goes to the list rather than you.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF(_at_)sandelman(_dot_)ca>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-