Re: DMARC methods in mailman --- [LEDE-DEV] DMARC related mass bounces / disabled subscriptions (fwd) Jo-Philipp Wich: [LEDE-DEV] DMARC related mass bounces / disabled subscriptions

2016-12-19 11:59:56

Viktor Dukhovni <ietf-dane(_at_)dukhovni(_dot_)org> wrote:
    >> Yes, but *today* as an IETF list admin I don't have that
    >> choice. Objectively I have exactly two choices: advise the user to
    >> change email provider, or rewrite the From for every single
    >> subscriber. I'm not happy with that choice, but unless somebody in the
    >> IETF's IT support does something, that is the choice I have.

    > A third choice is to configure the list to neither add footers, nor
    > modify the subject line.  At which point you're no longer breaking DKIM
    > signatures, and DMARC passes.

I don't understand how it can "pass".
It's still arriving from an IP address not listed in the SPF, claiming to be
From the provider.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF(_at_)sandelman(_dot_)ca>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-