Re: DMARC methods in mailman

2016-12-24 00:25:59
Christian said:
Maybe the IETF should document this expected behavior as part of the
mailing list submission process. "If you want to participate in the
IETF, your mail provider should allow you to receive messages from
the IETF."

As I keep asking, how much blood are we willing to lose to cut off our
noses to spite our faces?

not much.  on the other hand, we were not discussing noses or faces.  so
i'll pass on the negative hyperbole.

i'm with christian.  we have a lot of qualifications to play, from ipr
to nomcom qualification, to standards-compliant smtp servers to get your
mail.  christian's statement was sufficiently simple that you'll excuse
me for repeating it will modification.

"If you want to participate in IETF mailing lists, you should be able to
receive messages from and send messages to the IETF which follow
Internet standards."

randy