Re: [Int-dir] Review of draft-ietf-dmm-4283mnids-03

2017-01-16 12:41:05
At Sun, 15 Jan 2017 21:08:41 -0800,
Charlie Perkins <charles(_dot_)perkins(_at_)earthlink(_dot_)net> wrote:

- Section 4.5

    2000, modulo 2^32.  Since the link-layer address can be of
variable
    length [RFC2464], the DUID-LLT is of variable length.

   I don't understand why RFC2464 is referenced in this context.  This
   RFC is about IPv6 over Ethernet, and assumes a fixed (6 bytes)
   length of hardware address.

I don't quite know what to do about this.  I actually just copied this
language from RFC 3315.  I think that the citation is also wrong in RFC
3315, for the same reason as given here.  I could simply delete the
reference to RFC 2464.

I don't see "Since the link-layer address can be of variable length
[RFC2464], the DUID-LLT is of variable length." in RFC3315.  See also
the followup comment by Bernie.  Deleting the reference will certainly
address my concern, and I personally don't mind not having a reference
here.

--
JINMEI, Tatuya