Review of draft-hardie-privsec-metadata-insertion-05

2017-01-28 04:14:09
Reviewer: Stewart Bryant
Review result: Ready with Nits

by the IESG for the IETF Chair.  Please treat these comments just
like any other last call comments.

<https://trac.ietf.org/trac/gen/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Document: draft-hardie-privsec-metadata-insertion-??
Reviewer: Stewart Bryant
Review Date: 2017-01-28
IETF LC End Date: 2017-02-21
IESG Telechat date: Not scheduled for a telechat

would be helpful to the reader interested in the concept, but
unfamiliar with DNS if there was some minor additional clarification
regarding  EDNS0.

Major issues: None

Minor issues:

RFC4301 is an unused reference. Is it missing from the text?

=====

   By negotiating an EDNS0
   option which allowed them to self-populate this data,.....

SB> Calling up EDNS0 (which really needs expanding) comes out of the
SB> blue and could use a reference and sentence of explanation
SB> at least for those not familiar with the detail of DNS.

Nits/editorial comments:

[RFC7624] in the Abstract should be changed to RFC7624

=========

1.  Introduction
   exploited in the attacks document in [RFC7258] and the threats
s/document/documented/