Re: [Recentattendees] Background on Singapore go/no go for IETF 100

2017-02-02 10:13:00
Certainly being better placed to support remote participation will be
increasingly
important. The IETF has made great strides in recent years with MeetEcho,
etc. But no
doubt more can be done, and now we have an additional very good reason to do
so.

I have just started a thread to discuss the existing drafts on remote hubs and
to see what we need to do revise, throw away & start over, etc. on VMEET.   The
drafts are: main, Latin America & India.

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-elkins-ietf-remote-hubs-00.html
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-oflaherty-ietf-remote-hubs-lac-00
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hegde-remote-hubs-india-01

They are very much work in progress so my feelings will not be hurt at all if
we want to start over.  I am volunteering to help with any such effort.

BTW, I have put some feelers out to people about starting a Silicon Valley
remote hub.  (That is my local region.)   I think it may be a good thing to
have before Prague.

If anyone would like to help with a Silicon Valley hub, please contact me
unicast.

Nalini